Software Engineer - Logistics Platform
Boston Dynamics is a world leader in mobile robots, tackling some of the toughest robotics challenges. For years, our awe-inspiring viral videos on YouTube have shown the world what remarkably capable robots can do. Now we are quickly becoming a recognized leader in automation solutions for industrial applications, logistics and warehouses.
We are seeking an experienced individual to join our Logistics Platform team in the role of Software Engineer. In this exciting position, you and your teammates will develop the server platform and developer infrastructure for our logistics products. You’ll have the opportunity to make cross-cutting, direct contributions to each and all of our robots! Sound fun?
Day to day activities:
- Develop our C++ server-side code, which includes the components that plan robot tasks to execute warehouse operations and APIs for commanding robots.
- Develop test infrastructure for validating on-robot code.
- Collaborate with other teams, particularly those developing on-robot code.
- Create infrastructure underpinning our web applications.
- Support and improve logging, build, CI, and release systems.
- Develop new tools and capabilities wherever they are needed.
- Incorporate industry best practices into our infrastructure.
- Propose future directions we should be moving in.
- Experience with C++, Python (or other scripting languages), web development, modern DevOps infrastructure.
- 4+ years experience working in, maintaining, and improving large codebases, including software in production and research phases.
- Familiarity with Linux/Unix environment.
- Familiarity with Docker.
- Strong problem-solving skills and ability to learn.
- Strong written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills.
- Bachelor's or higher degree in Engineering, such as Computer Science, Software Engineering, Robotics, or equivalent knowledge and work experience.
Who are we a good fit for?
We love working with talented people and seek out passionate co-workers with a collaborative spirit. Our work moves quickly and we’re great at coming together to find creative solutions to some of the most challenging engineering problems. If that sounds good to you, join us.
We are interested in every qualified candidate who is eligible to work in the United States. However, we are not able to sponsor visas for this position.
Boston Dynamics will never ask you to divulge your personal financial or account information as part of its recruiting process.